Thursday, March 31, 2011

The first days you were here...you didn't wear those glasses.

I am still having a great time here in San Pedro! This past weekend was spent at a Palapa Bar & Grill. Here we fought off the Pica Picas (http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/picapica.html) and laid in the tubes in the water for a relaxing Saturday. Then on Sunday Lauren, Michelle, and I had our own adventure of going out on sailboat which went up and down the coast of the island. It was a relaxing and fun day!

Sometimes the water comes in bags. You tear off a        corner and enjoy the plastic bag taste of h20. :)



This week has been an interesting one and a tough one to get through. I have been dealing with sun bumps, an eye irritation (which has led to me wearing my glasses and has left my children with great curiosity) and just today-a stomache bug. Not to mention the extreme HEAT that has taken over the island. You know it is a hot day when the locals are complaining! However, I just have to look out and remember that I am on a beautiful island and these things don't seem so bad. Also, my children help make my days a little brighter. They are always ready to welcome me with a hug or a warm smile. There is nothing better than the affection they have towards me daily!


Greetings from the Codington Interns. : )
We all miss our classes and partnership teachers (& wonderful parents) so much and talk about yall all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment