Monday, March 14, 2011

Off on a new adventure....

I have to keep a blog about my Belize adventure, so here it is... for your enjoyment. :)


Friday was my last day of my internship at Codington Elementary. I worked with Mrs. Imperial's second grade class and could not of asked for a better experience. I learned so much from everyone I came in contact with including faculty, my students, and parents. I am very appreciative for everyone that was a part of my internship. It was a time that I will cherish forever and always look back at with great memories. Friday was a day filled with many emotions. I was sad to leave my students, anxious about packing and leaving so soon, and relieved I had fulfilled all my requirements and projects. (All this among many other emotions.) Mrs. Imperial and the class made my last day so special though with a surprise pajama day, lots of teacher goodies, and an ice cream party. They also created a book for me with a compilation of teacher tips. They ranged from advising me to "never bring a lion to school" and to "always have something prepared for the class." They are all tips I will remember and try to follow. :)


So now it is Monday and it has been a busy one! I spent the morning at a final Belize meeting and then picking up my cap and gown. It has not set in that when I return from Belize it will be time for me to graduate from college. Life could slow down any time now! My afternoon has been spent purchasing last minute items and trying to pack enough but not too much for my time in Belize. I have been arguing with my "what if" mindset of packing the whole time! haha! It seems that I have finally gotten it all together though now. I just have to add the last minute items tomorrow and I will be ready to go! Katie and I are off from Charlotte bright and early on Wednesday morning and then it is Belize bound for six weeks. I have little knowledge of what exactly lies ahead for me over the next several weeks but I am so excited to find out.


Next time you hear from me, I will be on the island of San Pedro, Belize!


Until then,
: )

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is Malia I think that you are so lucky that you get to stay at Belize. I wish I could see the inside of the school.I miss you.I hope you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete